The Sales and Marketing Officer is responsible for all marketing strategies and activities within the company. She/he has to carry out the on-site marketing & sales activities and provide direction and feedback on major projects. Makes key decisions regarding product distribution, budgeting, branding, and sales
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating marketing campaigns and working with the company’s external PR agency to see them executed.
- Creating and developing new innovative ways to communicate the company message to their existing customers.
- Contributing to the annual sales and marketing plan.
- Planning and managing marketing events and evaluating their success.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of all marketing activity.
- Developing and implementing an internal marketing programme. Adheres to and implements all company policies and procedures
- Supporting the marketing manager in day-to-day marketing activities.
- Plan, develop and deliver campaigns as agreed within timescales.
- Research and analyses market trends, competitor offerings, demographics, and other information that affects marketing strategies
- Identifies areas for improvement in product offerings, sales tactics, marketing strategy, and promotional activities
- Weighs in on important decisions involving product advertising, packaging, media channels, and branding
- Maintains the department’s budget and ensures all marketing activities are cost-effective
- Monitors marketing and sales performance and adjusts strategies as needed
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, business administration or a related field
- 3 years of proven experience in the field of Marketing and Sales in a manufacturing company, marketing agency or a similar company
- Driving license, category B is mandatory
- Not more than 30 years old
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and Kinyarwanda, French is an added advantage
- Excellent communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, customer service skills, creativity and innovation
- Budgeting, Financial knowledge, in depth research and analysis.