A new era of cassava production has dawned in Rwanda.
It’s nutritional, ecological and industrial potential evidently overshadows the old perception by some that cassava is a poor man’s food.
Did you know that cassava is:
• A prime source of carbohydrates and beta-carotene which are needed for a healthy and productive population?
• A resilient crop in today’s world whose climate is changing fast?
• Used in food, textile, pharmaceutical, paper and ethanol producing industries?
Kinazi cassava plant is at the forefront in the government’s drive to promote value addition in the cassava subsector by:
• Supporting cassava farmers to increase yields
• Producing high quality edible cassava flour
• Producing cassava starch for industrial use